World Cultures Course (3 Cr.)
Aesthetic Awareness & Creative Expression Course (3 Cr.)
Literary Perspectives Course (3 Cr.)
Individual and Society Course (3 Cr.)
Quantitative Reasoning Course (3 Cr.)
Values & Ethical Reasoning Course (3 Cr.)
Science & Technology Course (3 Cr.)
Global Issues Course (3 Cr.)
World Language (6 Cr.)
General Education Electives (12 Cr.)
Core Electives (Must be above 100 level) (6 Cr.)
Psychology or Sociology Elective (3 Cr.)
Philosophy or Religion Elective (3 Cr)
Political Science Elective (3 Cr.)
Science or Math Elective (3 Cr.)
History Elective (3 Cr.)
Political Science or IDS Elective (3 Cr.)
English Elective (3 Cr.)
American Studies or IDS Elective (3 Cr.)
Open Electives (7 Cr.)
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Effectively communicate in writing and through oral communication.
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse in various disciplines.
- Recall and apply the basic foundational knowledge of educational studies as delivered through the Baccalaureate Core.
- Articulate the connections and distinctions between and among liberal arts disciplines, and their contemporary relevance.
- Design, execute, and present a personal project, which synthesizes and applies, selected knowledge, skills and experiences appropriate to the students’ personal and professional goals and/or their chosen area of specialization.
In addition to fulfilling the outcomes of the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies program, students completing the concentration in Small Business Management will:
- Understand how to manage the financial, sales and public relations issues associated with small business ownership.
- Demonstrate the writing, critical thinking, presentation and business development skills necessary to succeed in promoting and managing a small business.
- Demonstrate capacity to communicate and negotiate with suppliers, potential investors, customers and employees.
- Recognize the role of promotion, customer service and public relations in profitability running a small business.
- Understand the role of effective project management and delegation to meet small business needs.