May 25, 2019
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 127 -129
Freshman - Credits: 32
- Individual and Society General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Sophomore - Credits: 34-35
- Aesthetic Awareness and Creative Expression General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Global Issues General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Literary Perspectives General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Values and Ethical Reasoning General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Environmental Science Elective (Cr: 3-4)
- Elective (Cr: 3)
Junior - Credits: 31-33
- World Cultures General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Environmental Science Electives (Cr: 6-8)
- General Education Elective (Cr: 3)
- Electives (Cr: 3)
Senior - Credits: 30
- General Education Electives (Cr: 9)
(two must be above the 100 level)
Environmental Science Electives
Students choose three courses from the following list:
Upon completion of the environmental science major, students will:
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the environmental science discipline.
- Communicate effectively in written form within the conventions of the environmental science discipline.
- Design studies and conduct experiments in internship and field settings that utilize appropriate and safe techniques
- Apply quantitative reasoning to problems within environmental science.
- Demonstrate familiarity with core concepts in the major discipline in the following content areas: biological sciences, physical sciences, environmental concerns and policy, scientific and quantitative reasoning.