May 08, 2021
The Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHCM) degree program is designed for individuals who wish to work or are currently working in responsible management positions in a wide variety of medical and healthcare institutions. The 36-credit program presents a practitioner-focused curriculum that includes critical knowledge, competencies, techniques and skills necessary to lead and work effectively within the healthcare industry. Students will acquire current skills in key healthcare management areas including; leadership, data analytics, finance, technology, operation and quality improvement, and strategy that are critical variables in establishing, managing and leading a successful healthcare organization. Students will develop and demonstrate critical competencies, data-driven decision-making, and process improvement that will enable them to contribute to the growth, quality, and evolution of the rapidly growing healthcare industry.
All candidates must apply online at: endicott.edu/admission/information-for-graduate-students/apply
Applicants should submit the following to Graduate Admissions, Endicott College, 376 Hale Street, Beverly, MA 01915
- Non-refundable $50.00 application fee (check made payable to Endicott College, cash or online) Application fee waived for veteran and military students;
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic reference and one professional reference);
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work sent directly from the institution(s) including confirmation of undergraduate degree, date confirmed, and any other graduate work;
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study in the Master of Science in Healthcare Management;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all students whose native language is not English; minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (iBT) is required. The institutional code for Endicott College is 3369. Endicott also accepts an IELTS score of 6.0 or better;
- All admissions requirements must be satisfied in order to be formally accepted in a degree program. Students must be formally admitted to a program before the completion of six Endicott credits.
International Applicants for Graduate Admission
Endicott College welcomes and encourages applicants from around the world. International applicants are required to hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree. Educational documents in a foreign language are required to be translated into English. All transcripts and translations of transcripts must be official originals and must show courses completed, grades received, grading scale, duration of study, degree or diploma received, and the date conferred. Endicott College reserves the right to request verification of the credentials by an external agency.
International applicants must submit current TOEFL scores when their native language is not English or when their baccalaureate transcript is not from an institution where English is the language of instruction. Once students have been admitted as degree candidates, Endicott College will send detailed instructions about the process for acquiring an Endicott-sponsored student visa.
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Analyze and think critically about current and emerging issues in the health care system and the policy environment in which the system operates.
- Analyze current events and trends in healthcare management using relevant data and historical trends;
- Demonstrate various knowledge and attributes of leadership and management in healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate sound business principles and practices in the delivery of quality healthcare in leadership, finance, technology, operation and quality improvement, and strategy.
- Analyze and understand the ethical implications of decision making.
Concentration Courses - 12 cr.
Health Informatics Concentration
Operations Management Concentration
Information Technology Management Concentration
Public Administration Concentration
Total Degree Requirements - 36 credits