Sep 28, 2020
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 132
Freshman - Credits: 35
- Individual and Society General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- World Cultures General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Sophomore - Credits: 34
- Aesthetic Awareness General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Literary Perspectives General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Junior - Credits: 33
- Global Issues General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Values and Ethical Reasoning General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- General Education Electives (Cr: 6)
- Engineering Elective (Cr: 9)
Senior - Credits: 30
- General Education Elective (Cr: 3)
- Engineering Electives (Cr: 6)
Students select five from the following courses:
Upon completion of the engineering program students will:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Demonstrate an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.