Aug 18, 2019
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 130
Freshman - Credits: 35
- Individual and Society General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- World Cultures General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Sophomore - Credits: 34
- Aesthetic Awareness General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Literary Perspectives General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Junior - Credits: 31
- Global Issues General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- Values and Ethical Reasoning General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- General Education Electives (Cr: 3)
- Engineering Elective (Cr: 3)
Senior - Credits: 30
- General Education Elective (Cr: 3)
- Engineering Electives (Cr: 6)
Students select three from the following courses:
Upon completion of the engineering program students will:
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the discipline.
- Communicate effectively in written form within the conventions of the engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrate an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Demonstrate an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- Demonstrate recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.