The Associate in Science in Computer Science will allow students in the program to take the necessary courses they need to apply for entry level computer science certifications such as: networking professionals, programming staff, and IT personnel. The goal of the program is to ensure students can have an opportunity to enter the workforce after completing the degree, and continue their studies in the field of technology and sciences to complete their bachelor degrees.
Upon completion of the program students will:
• Demonstrate a broad understanding of the computer and information sciences, and the roles they play in the world today
• Demonstrate knowledge and methodological expertise in emerging areas of computer science (recent advances in the field)
• Apply learning through laboratory - and internship - based experiences
• Capitalize on the location of the campus in terms of the strong technology industries in the area
• Demonstrate core competencies and skills related to communication, mathematics, and programming