Dec 10, 2018
Curriculum Requirements - Total Credits Required: 126
Freshman - Credits: 34
- Liberal Studies Elective 1 (Cr: 3)
Sophomore - Credits: 32
- Aesthetic Awareness and Creative Expression General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
Junior - Credits: 32
- Liberal Studies Elective 2 (Cr: 3)
Senior - Credits: 28
- Values and Ethical Reasoning General Education Requirement (Cr: 3)
- General Education Electives (Cr: 6)
- Liberal Studies Elective 3 (Cr: 3)
Liberal Studies Electives
Liberal Studies Electives 1, 2 & 3:
Choose three courses from the following areas. At least one needs to be at the 300 level or above:
Applied Behavior Analysis
Upon completion of the education program, students will:
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the discipline.
- Communicate effectively in written form following the academic conventions of the discipline.
- Document and exhibit pre-service competency on each of the Massachusetts Professional Standards for Teachers (PST)
- Demonstrate subject matter knowledge in the liberal arts–literature, history, science, math, psychology, geography and government–in keeping with the characteristics of a “highly qualified teacher.”
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of the significant approaches, practices, and programs for developing reading skills and reading comprehension.